Saturday, December 17, 2011

Perspective: Day 2 (Faith) 12.15.2011

I do not want to consider this as another jeepney story though it all happened in a jeep. Last Thursday, I was to attend an exclusive Christmas party but due to the painstaking and laborious labor law review exam and recitation and the fact that I did not have the fund yet I was not able to buy a gift for my Manito in advance. Actually I did not worry because he was leaving for Leyte, so I said maybe I can give it next year. By good riddance our class ended early to give way for the scheduled class Christmas party (which by the way, I did not attend). Upon knowing of SM’s extended mall hours, I immediately proceeded there without even thinking of what to buy. It was 6:30 pm, while on the jeep, I prayed to God that he deliver me safely and on time. I also asked Him for a minute so I will be able to hand my gift to my Manito.

After my swift shopping, my primary concern was to get to the venue on time. The taxi line was so long, so I decided to take a jeep and then taxi after. I was seated near the driver and for the whole duration of the ride, I was just praying for a minute—a minute so that I will be able to hand my gift before my Manito leaves.

I repeated the same mantra all through out, I claimed it in God’s name and entrusted everything to Him. I gave all the impatience to him. At that point, I was tested—my faith was tested.

When I arrived at the venue, to my awe and amazement, my Manito was there because the ship was not allowed voyage due to the impending threat of typhoon Sendong. Indeed, God works in mysterious ways. I asked for a minute, He gave me hours. I asked for support, He gave me unconditional help. I asked for favor, He flooded me with assistance.

Today I learned the true meaning of faith. We should change our perspective towards entrusting everything, especially the impossible to Him. Today and the days onward, I will shout, proclaim and claim that all will be possible if we ask and be humble enough to recognize that there is someone Supreme willing and ready to lend His hand.

Adsum

12.17.2011
8:54 am

No comments: