Thursday, April 7, 2011

Coffee Experience

I do not know what topic to write so I decided to write about the first thing that I will see today and tadadan….when I opened my office drawer I saw my coffee and now while sipping a cup of it, I will be writing about my coffee experience. I have switched from one coffee to another to find the right taste, the right effects and the right blend suited for me. There was a brand which made me palpitate. There was one which caused diarrhea. There was one which made me sleep. There is another which does not taste like coffee at all. Of all the coffees that I have tried, I found Jimm’s coffee perfect for me. I have been using either the 5-in-1 or the 7-in-1 coffee mixes for more than a year and counting.

When I was a child I asked my mother why they drink coffee during breakfast while she prepares a chocolate drink or milk for us. I told her that I want to try coffee. She told me that coffee is for adults only, it is better and it can cause nervousness. Being hard headed that I am, while she was taking a bath I took a sip with her coffee and there I realized that she was right. The coffee tasted bad, bitter and pungent. However, there was one incident which I cannot forget. It was weekend and I think I was on my second 3rd grade. I woke up with a strange feeling. I saw my mother preparing a cup of coffee for breakfast. I was seated in the dining table when she slowly stirred the coffee in a cup and from a teaspoon she delicately gave me the contents of it while telling me how beneficial coffee can be.  Of course, at first I refused I won’t be drinking any of it after I have cursed its taste but I was prevailed by the fact that I have no choice. We have no more milk. No chocolate drink. Just a cup of coffee and pan de sal for breakfast and I have to deal with that. After that I never tried coffee again until I graduated from high school.

In college, due to peer pressure and sheer emulation I drank coffee. It started with the famous 3-in-1 of Nescafe then I tried San Mig Coffee, then Kopiko and some other brands. At first the veins were so alive, I palpitated, I turned red and was not able to sleep but my body got used to it. Everything turned the other way around. Coffee was my companion during exams waking me until I finish studying the coverage. Coffee accompanied the group’s story telling at dunkin’ donuts and coffee with its aroma completes my morning ritual. At present, I have found my passion for coffee, the bitter the better.

Coffee is a drink which comes from roasted and powdered coffee beans. Its energizing effects were first discovered in Portugal and its cultivation became widespread. In the Philippines, Batangas is famous for its coffee plantation and the kapeng barako. According to studies coffee contains antioxidants which fights certain radicals found in the body. Thus, coffee drinking is not just perfunctory but healthy too. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool...nag.advertise talga....hehe

jovi said...

hahaha. nice sig-way. .g.endorse jud ang product ha. :D

Unknown said...

haha....naa man pud drama gamay...hehehe